Read the story below to find out how one North Carolina county saved nearly $1 million in cost diversion with Healthstat.
Case Study: North Carolina County
In order to maximize the benefits of a corporate Health Management Program, Healthstat believes it is critical to track participant health from one assessment to the next. Between May 2007 and August 2011, a total of 950 North Carolina County employees completed at least two health risk assessments with no invalid lab values. Resulting highlights of these "monitored participants" follows:
- 74% did not raise their risk level (34% reduced + 40% maintained)
- 55% decrease in the number of participants with >/= 6 risk factors.
- Top 20% of highest risk BMI participants reduced their measurement by 2.6%
- Top 20% of highest risk LDL Cholesterol participants reduced their measurement by 17%. (Entire population averaged 16% below Healthstat's goal of <130.)
- Smoking decreased from 16% of all monitored participants to 12%.
The Health Center has met our expectations and exceeded them! Thanks to the on-site staff the Center has become known as a strong advocate for employee health and wellness.