Committed to Patient Safety First
The last several months have certainly been an unprecedented time in the lives of workers, families, and businesses worldwide. And with Healthstat’s position as an onsite healthcare provider and partner for so many organizations, it remains our primary goal to offer live-saving care that’s safe, clean, and secure.
Healthstat’s COVID Commitment is that goal in action. Our team has been working hard to implement new procedures and rely on new developments from our national governing public health organizations to ensure that our health centers are COVID-safe. This concentrated effort is a success when our patients feel safe, secure, and cared for when visiting our nationwide health centers.
Our COVID Commitment promises to:
- Follow a rigorous cleaning and sanitizing protocol between patient visits to ensure your safety.
- Minimize exposure in our health centers by screening all patients and staff for COVID-19 before entering the facility.
- Require all patients to wear a face mask before entering the health center for their visit. If the patient does not have a face covering, one will be provided to them.
- Designate a separate treatment area for patients exhibiting any respiratory symptoms or fever, separate from all other patients.
- Ensure that our healthcare workers wear the proper personal protection equipment during patient visits; this protects both our healthcare team and our patients.
- Minimize the number of people in our waiting areas by practicing social distancing protocols.
- Develop a phased approach to in-person health center visits that continues with virtual options (if applicable).
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a lot of our lives on hold. However, Healthstat remains committed to timely and necessary care, which is even more important during a public health crisis. We encourage our participants to continue receiving their regularly scheduled care, with these updates below:
- We will continue to offer telephonic or virtual visits; if your concern is best handled in-person, you will be scheduled a visit in the office.
- We are not currently performing COVID-19 testing, but we can route you to appropriate testing centers.
- We are scheduling preventive annual exams and performing routine blood draws again to help manage any chronic conditions (diabetes, thyroid conditions, cholesterol, etc.)
- We will continue to offer drive-up medication refill/pick-up services.
If you’d like more information about COVID-19, our COVID Commitment, or mental health services that may help during these stressful times, please contact us.